The Local Buying Program is a targeted program providing opportunities for small businesses, with less than 25 full-time employees, to competitively supply goods and services to BHP Billiton – Mt Arthur Coal. The Program targets businesses registered or operating with a primary place of business in the local government areas of Muswellbrook, Singleton and Upper Hunter Shires. All businesses located in these areas are eligible to apply.
Businesses are required to meet a number of minimum mandatory qualification criteria prior to being assessed and approved as a ‘Local Buying’ supplier by C-Res.
- Must employ 25 or less full-time employees (FTE’s) or equivalent;
- Must be registered or operate (as primary place of business) in the eligible Local Buying Program areas:
- For New South Wales, the eligible areas are as defined by the Muswellbrook, Singleton and Upper Hunter shires
- Must have an ABN and be registered for GST (if required);
- Must have appropriate insurances including Workers Compensation (if an Employer) and Public Liability (mandatory);
- Must provide goods or services aligned with the Local Buying Program goods and services categories;
- Must have the appropriate personnel, management and financial capacity to deliver goods and services to BHP Billiton / BMA / BMC (whichever is applicable);
- Must demonstrate alignment with BHP Billiton’s Charter Values and Code of Business Conduct;
- Must agree to the C-Res Claims Process
Suppliers who carry out services at BHP Billiton / BMA / BMC operations will need to meet additional requirements prior to undertaking approved work. Suppliers may also be required to have additional mandatory insurances/policies and procedures for the goods/services they provide and will need to be able to provide these on request.
Registrations are now open online at www.localbuying.com.au.
For more information: Phone 1800 536 663 – Email firstname.lastname@example.org