We have 16 days to be heard! Submissions close on February 19
The Scone Chamber of Commerce strongly objects to the current design of the RMS proposal for the Scone By-Pass.
The new plans as presented do not meet ANY of the design criteria nominated by the community. The design as proposed will discourage visitors to Scone and will greatly diminish road safety for Scone residents. The Chamber believes the current proposal is detrimental to the current and future prosperity of local business.
We are asking the local business community and the broader Scone community to voice their concerns in the following ways:
What can you do?
Community feedback is critical: you can send a letter, post on Facebook and attend a drop in session.
1. Send a Letter – Send a letter either as a business or member of the local community. Please see below suggested content we have prepared for you, as well as a list of Parliamenatary contacts.
- Parliamentary contacts
- Bypass form letter-Individual RMS (pdf)
- Bypass form letter-Individual RMS (Word)
- Bypass form letter-Business RMS (pdf)
- Bypass form letter-Business RMS (Word)
2. Facebook – Send a Facebook message to:
- Warren Truss, Federal Minister for Transport: https://www.facebook.com/warrentrussmp/
- Joel Fitzgibbon, Federal member: https://www.facebook.com/JoelFitzgibbonMP/
- Michael Johnsen, State Member for Upper Hunter: https://www.facebook.com/MichaelJohnsenforHunter/
- Barnaby Joyce, Member for New England: https://www.facebook.com/BarnabyJoyceMP/
Suggested content of Facebook Message:
“I object to the current RMS proposal for the Scone by-pass. I do not believe the input from the community and council has been incorporated into this proposal’
(Please always be respectful in the way you voice your concerns on social media)
3. Attend a RMS ‘drop in session’ at the Scone Motor Inn
- Thursday 4 February 2016, 3.00pm to 7.00pm, and
- Friday 5 February 2016, 10.00am to 2.00pm.
The Chamber will continue to lobby on the local business communities behalf and provide regular updates.