Representatives from the Scone Chamber of Commerce are heading to Sydney this evening for the NSW Business Awards at Luna Park.
Scone Chamber won the Best Local Chamber at the Hunter Business awards in August, edging out Singleton, Dungog and Buladelah. The Chamber has progressed as Finalists to the State awards.
President of the Scone Chamber of Commerce, Ben Wyndham, said this morning: “Things are tough in main street retail still, but we are absolutely delighted with this – it is a credit to all our members who have engaged with the Chamber’s campaigns and Business development programs to help grow our local economy”.
“Our members are telling us there is a lot of concern about commercial rents in the main street and we will be hoping to work with Landlords in the coming months to get some more flexibility, more pop-up shops and more activity generally. Small business is part of the character of small towns and the chamber is committed to a growing business community, not a shrinking one”
Tonight’s awards ceremony caps off a big year for Scone businesses with several businesses winning State awards, including:
– Airspeed Aviation – Small Business Excellence – NSW Minerals Council
– Scone Medical Practice – NSW/ACT Regional Practice of the Year – RACGP
– The Cottage – Best Regional Steak Restaurant – NSW Savour Australia awards
– Horsanity – Excellence in Innovation award – Tamworth Quality Business awards
– Scone Chamber of Commerce – Local Chamber 2016 – Hunter Business Awards
– John Flood – Award for Excellence – RealCover REINSW awards