Scone Horse Festival’s NEIGHbour-Art Competition is a time where the local business and school community come together to celebrate Scone’s rich horse heritage and the Horse Festival by decorating wooden horse cut-outs and displaying them proudly across Scone. After such a successful pilot campaign ran in 2021, the Festival and Chamber are partnering to include the competition in the Horse Festival program each year.
Please note that you can also choose to redesign and entre your horse from previous years.
Who can Enter
- Scone Businesses / Organisation
- Scone Schools
How to Enter
- Order and Pay for your wooden Horse cutout ($50 each) from The Chamber online using the link below. Sales will open on March 28. All orders must be made by April 8.(CLOSED)
- The wooden horses will be made by local woodwork Brad Moran which takes about 2 weeks.
- Wooden horse cutouts along with a window sign sticker (optional) will be ready for pickup from the Scone Chamber Office by Monday 25th of April.
- You will have 1 week to design/decorate your wooden horses.
- Wooden horses to be displayed from Monday 2nd of May – the end of the Horse Festival (2 weeks)
- To take part in the competition you must take a photo of your final horse artwork and submit to the Chamber using the Submit Artwork link below. This will be open from April 25 and close May 18.
- To be eligible, you must also post your artworks on Facebook or Instagram tagging the Chamber @sconechamber and using the hashtag #NEIGHbourArt2022.
Please note that you can also choose to redesign and entre your horse from previous years so skip this step if using previous horse cutout.
Horse Orders Now Closed
Competition Entries Now Closed
Prizes to be announced!
You can keep an eye on the horses on our Facebook Page. Please also feel free to post your own artworks on Facebook tagging the Chamber and using the hashtag #NEIGHbourArt2022.